Yellowstone Buffalo

Yellowstone Buffalo
Kind Eyes Angry Grunting Buffalo

Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm here doing, reading, and watching...

Okay so the 30 days...maybe I meant 30 different days of a blog.  So let's see I'm at 12 with this blog posting just 18 more postings to go.   Well hopefully I get the hang of this and will continue on down this road of adventure and posting.

Lots of things are happening in my world due to the different things I'm reading.  

Doing:
Starting a non-profit based off of the picture below.  

Frankly, I just wanted to be a nurse that rode around on her bike and delivered babies however I don't have the patients to go back to school and suffer through chemistry, biology, or anatomy for prerequisites.   So what am I going to do instead to help babies?  Start a non-profit with the help of friends.  We are still in the developing stages however it looks promising.

I did tell my non-profit friend that ultimately I wanted a picture of me on a bike as part of the kick off for this thing.  She suggested we can do that right now and get it out of the way.  I told her I wanted the picture to be legit and genuine so we had to wait until things were up and running.  However, I do have my bike waiting in the wings. 

Reading:


Reading the book Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir by Jennette Fulda.  This was a book created from her blog PastaQueen.  She lost 192 pounds.  She is wicked smart.  Her approach to her weight-loss is very pragmatic.  It really comes down to choice and doing what is best for a healthy body.  It's a message that resonates.  I wanted to write her an email and tell her thank you.  Pity I'm a little gun shy when it comes to writing something someone else will read...oh the irony.  

I will say I felt lost for the past few years about what to do with myself.  FA stands for two things in my book.  It is either Fat Acceptance or Food Addicts.  I tried to be apart of both worlds and needed some middle ground.  Luckily I returned to a program called IOWL and stumbled upon Jennette's  book. 

Jennette pointed out something interesting in her book.  It appears many blogs are mostly written by men and what little women are writing is mostly about weight-loss.  What's terrible is that it crossed my mind that I could turn this into a weight-loss blog.  Then I remembered there are other things I can dump my energy into.  Don't get me wrong I may write about my weight issues but hopefully it will be threaded within other points of interest.  

Watching:
I finally made it to the theater to watch Star Trek Into Darkness.  I can't wait to go see it again.  Although that may have to happen after World War Z.  

My partner Wes has issues with the movie.  I know for one of the issues the writer had little control over what Brad Pitt created.  So it hardly reflects the book.  However, the writer has mentioned he likes how it all came together.  Guess next weekend the verdict will come out.   

No comments: